I have been doing some study on the resurrection of Jesus and I have found it interesting on a lot of different levels. I find the historical study fascinating. I also have enjoyed the theological framework of the resurrection and its absolute importance.

Paul, in 1 Corinthians 15 shares some thoughts and I leave them briefly with you with minimal commentary from deurty:
"...Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, and that He was buried, and that He was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures, and that He appeared to Cephas (Peter), then to the twelve."

This little statement is a creed repeated by Paul that is placed within three years of Jesus' death and resurrection. This is then one of the first Christian creeds or in other words... this was on the first ever Christian's lips as they shared about Jesus. So often we hear about the substitutionary work of the cross and this is HUGE, but the Christian movement at its heart is a resurrection movement with the resurrection as the foundation. If you take away the resurrection you take away what happened on the cross. If you take away what happened on the cross you take away forgiveness of sins and a lack of victory for Jesus. And so it continues... It is like Jenga (thanks Nate for the metaphor) - pull that piece and it all comes tumbling down.

So Easter is our biggest day - our foundational day! I wish I had time to go into all the amazing things I am reading, but maybe someday - but probably not.

Awesome meal tonight at the Roseberg's house. It was epic! I ate too much. I need to get back on the diet. My haircut as helped take about five pounds off the scale. :)

I like to drink buttermilk*,
sd

*thanks grandpa van

Comments

Archive

Show more

Popular posts from this blog