I will not apologize for not blogging lately... (notice how I kind of apologized without really doing it?)

Anyways, briefly, quickly, rapidly... YOU ARE WASTING SPACE STEVE GET ON WITH IT!

I went to the "Grow Up" conference with Randy Frazee and Joe Meyers. I knew I needed to be there by the title alone! It was good. It was so good it made me ache. I ached, I longed, I hungered for the vision of life that they spoke about... The life you read in the pages of the Bible... the life of impact and health.

I have a renewed desire to be a good neighbor. Not to "target" people for conversion. For example: Going to my neighbors home and giving them a plate of cookies and announcing that they are going to be baking for eternity in hell! :) I found that amusing... not that people will bake in hell, but by the thought of tying that comment to a plate of cookies. Would that statement have less punch if I brought store bought cookies?

Anyways - I do want to be in relationship with my neighbors... That is the way it was when I was a boy. The neighbors were our friends... The Allens, Martays, Benziburgs, Kiefers, Howards, etc... We looked out for each other. We had impromptu games... block parties... We took care of each other. I think the idea of making my home the central place of my life is what I find most appealing.

I don't have time to talk more about this. Wanted to quickly say hello. I am off to lunch with Mikey Morgan. His new CD is coming out soon for the Mesa County Fair (name of band.)

See ya!
sd

PS - If you don't do the church thing, but think you may want to humor me - I'd love to invite you all to Watermark this Easter. But bring Cadbury Eggs! I am addicted to those freaking things!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Enjoyed a lot! jean jackets

Archive

Show more

Popular posts from this blog