...and then the leprechaun abandoned the old irish dude and came and took over his body...

Anyways - this is one of the fellas I hung out with this week. I hung out with a bunch of phenominal people. I have not laughed as much as I did this past week in a loooonnngggg time. Basically, what we (11 of us) did, is evaluate 9 couples who were looking to discover if church planting was something that may be a good fit for them to lead.

The days started at 7:30 am and ended always after 1 am. The camp was horrible, but had the charm that comes with the history of life change in spite of poor facilities. :) (That was a crappy sentence.) Anyways - we evaluate and watch the couples in all kinds of situations, scenerios, testing, interviews, etc... In the end we either recommend people to plant now, plant maybe later, or their best shot is probably not planting.

Vicki and I went through this process in the fall of 2001 and were radically impacted by it. I saw my wife come alive to the dreams God had for us together and especially for her. I saw confidence build in her. It was a defining moment and I think every person desiring to be involved in church leadership should go to an assessment center to learn more about yourself and gifts.

Well - saying I need to get cracking on my message for this Sunday is a MONSTER of an understatement. Turns out there is no free time at the assessment center so I am kicking it home style this weekend. (Whatever that means.)

I am going to bed. And Rob.... I have an ear infection. What?
sd

Comments

Archive

Show more

Popular posts from this blog