Today I finished the video for our SAM X coversation (series). It is funny - I think...but it may be self-bias...

Tonight we got together with a family connected to our daughter through pre-school - so it was fun to get to know them better and build a relationship. It was a lot of fun - we had pizza and then we went over with them to the JINGLE BELL PARADE in downtown Grand Haven. Following the parade we hung out in the coffee shop and listened to Mike Morgan and Sir Wade Breeden as they played songs off Mike's new album entitled: "A Dream." Anyways - it was so cool - tons of Watermarkers and many of my students from my youth pastor days... Very cool. I saw so many people I knew and I felt a warm sense of satisfaction and joy being with these people. It was the picture of what I want my life to be... Living life constantly with one another in unity... Connecting with new people as we live in community together. Anyways - it was one of those nights that makes you happy to be doing what you're doing and becoming who we are becoming.

I still have leaves in my back yard. Trouble is brewing for the lawn. Oh well - maybe I'll get to it before it snows.

Tomorrow is the gathering and Steve Thompson is speaking. To get to know Steve you can go to his blog listed on the left. I know the content I have been blogging has been weak - but I don't want this ever to be preachy or a place to train people (I need that!) - so any suggestions? steve.deur@iamwatermark.com

My wife is looking over my shoulder as I type this - I love her and will type it, but won't say it to her.... just kidding - now I am in trouble - because she is reading this line. I love you honey. I am so happy to be married to you.

Well in my attempt to be utterly postmodern and one of the EMERGING POSTMODERN LEADERS in the new century I submit my list of terms to get noticed. WHAT?

Postmodern Church, Emerging Church, Ancient Future, Torah :), Gathering, Vespers, ?, Worship, Interactive worship, experiential, a horse with no name, I got my first real six string, we are living in a material world and I am a material girl, what! Sorry - I got lost.

My wife just informed me I had to go. So good night and POST MODERN! :)

PS - the twisted banana has a funny leadership article about "being a lone ranger" if you are interested: link to left.

I want my kevinstinehart.com t-shirt!
sd

Comments

Archive

Show more

Popular posts from this blog