Just got back from the movie: "Timeline." It was a fun movie to watch. I am a self declared science fiction geek and nothing is more exciting to me than movies about time travel. Anyways - I read the bookby Michael Crighton that it was based on. The book was awesome and the movie was a decent telling..

One line from the movie was good and interesting. Instead of saying, "The future is what you make of it," they had the line: "The past is what you make of it..." Or maybe it was like: "You make your history" rather than "You make your future." As you can tell - I have a stellar memory... BUT the concept is very cool. I think I like it because when you focus soley on making the future happen you end up looking for the easy way - the pleasure filled way - the get ahead any means possible way... BUT when you look at making your history (or another popular term - LEGACY) you begin to see that our decisions, actions and lives form a history that will impact those around us.

Anyways - I guess the question of the day for me before I go to bed is: what history am I making? I recently looked through photos of my great great grandfather and great grandfather. I heard stories about them and heard interesting facts... Their reputation has lingered and built into our family values. In 100 years another Deur kid will be looking at pics of my family and come across my Bible and the question is: what stories will they tell?

I hope they tell of a guy who was genuine and loved God and his family and those around him. I hope they leave out the fact that I don't pick up after myself well...but I guess I make my history so that can change - right? :)

-----------
Had a gathering and life groups orientation today - Big Day! Steve T. did the bulk of the teaching and handled the subject manner and the load well. We have a phenominal team and I am proud to partner with them in raising up ministers.

Well - good night. I am going to make my history...HIS story. WHAT! That could be on a Christian T-Shirt! Scary- it could be on the clothing rack next to the "His pain our gain" shirt and "My boss is a Jewish Carpenter."

sd

Comments

Archive

Show more

Popular posts from this blog