Picked up my daughter's school picture's today. SHE LOOKS OLD! Scary!
I think the hardest thing about being a dad right now is when I hear her tell me that someone says she is not beautiful or she gets called a name or a friend wants to play with a different kid. I just feel like throwing the kid causing her pain across the room. That isn't the way Jesus would do it I don't think... hmmmm... no i don't think so, but that is how this fella feels. You want the best for your kids.

I think it gives me insight into how God sees me.
He wants what is best for me. He wants to hear me say "I love you." He wants hugs and kisses.
He desires to spend time and inspire me and help me understand that I'm special.
He wants to be my defender against the enemies of darkness. He wants to throw them across the room.
He wants me to trust Him and listen to Him.
Daddy knows best.
Being a daddy - I get that - but being God's kid I forget that He is the ultimate ABBA (daddy.)

Our vision statement for Watermark and I guess for my life is: "Jesus is the center of our lives and we are devoted to Him." Jesus is to be at the very core of who I am - shaping me - loving me - changing me... I am to be responding to Him with devotion and all out commitment. This goes with the whole daddy thing. God above all wants me to focus on Him. To put away all the childish chadder and concerns and run to Him with my life and trust Him. From being His child and His pride and joy I will experience new life with God - but it starts by being God's kid... Plain and simple.

Wanting to please my daddy,
sd

Comments

Archive

Show more

Popular posts from this blog