Wow! What an amazing gathering we had on Sunday!
I think the key word is "gathering." My morning was turned upside down by God when I got that.
Over the past few "gatherings" I have seen these Sunday times more as a service or even a program.
This idea goes against the very ideas I even have shared - that is the frustrating part!

My belief is that our Sunday morning times are "gatherings" of people who are living life with God and others and where we together celebrate, grow, connect and follow God corportately. However - I can get so caught up in trying to make it into an entertainment environment that impresses people. This is not my desire, but my instinct. So this week I just again sensed God reminding me that Watermark is Jesus' church - not mine. Man this leadership stuff is hard. It is so little about me and so much about Him. Leadership is so not about me advancing, but rather God advancing. SIDE NOTE...

Well, anyways - I was reminded that Jesus said that he would build his church... I am the branch - he is the vine - apart from him there is NO FRUIT! NO CHURCH! NO NOTHING! So when I caught the vision fresh for myself that we are celebrating Jesus and acknowledging him as leader - the whole burrito changed!

This made sense to me on the morning and my heart was different. My experience was genuine. My trust was unwavering. My relationships joyous and pure.

Anyways - all that to say - life naturally pulls you to be the center and the only person who deserves to be there is Jesus.

"Tho none go with me - I still will follow."

sd

Comments

Archive

Show more

Popular posts from this blog