We had small group last night and had a great time. I have been thinking alot about what a small group is and what it does. I think for a long time I felt like a small group had to be a very intimate, deep experience for it to be effective. I think that is amazing when and if that happens, but the problem for me is that I want to go to that place now. So - instead of dragging people to a place they do not want to go - I have decided to lead my group to the place they do want to go. Yes, they want to grow in their marriage and they want to grow with Jesus, but not through the methods and experience I so often deliver. Now I am trying to find ways to grow a step closer to Jesus in the context of enjoying each other and at the pace that is natural for people. We will get there, but it takes the pressure off when you don't treat the group like a project and start treating it as people.

The question is: would I want to come and belong to my group if I wasn't leading it? Wow.

Anyways - it was great and I am beginning to care more and more for those in our group. I pray that we will continue to grow and develop.

edie chiao baby
sd

Comments

Archive

Show more

Popular posts from this blog