I went to Autumn's first "cheerleading class." This is a time for kids aged 4-12 to learn how to cheer. Does that really require a class? Do we need classes in how to encourage with style? Apparently, because there were quite a few kids and the bill made me shudder. Anyways - I think Vicki and I need this class more than Autumn. She loves it and we find ourselves struggling to let this little lady go. I see her not catching on as quick and I want to jump in and grab her and protect her... AHHH! How am I ever going to survive! Gotta keep giving her to God.

Anyways - while we were there I hung out with "the cool one" Wade. (I just gave him that nickname.) We met another guy there who has quite a tough life story. He seems to be desiring to make some changes in his life. It was cool to chat with he and Wade. I think that over time Wade and I will be a good connection for him and hopefully help him connect with God. But, I have to say - meeting people who are in need of God is a VERY good thing for me. It reminds me that I need God. It reminds me of my purpose in life. It adds to my life. I never want sharing God to be a conquest or a "let's get em" mentality. I want it to be about loving God and loving others.

Well enough said.

If loving the Lord is wrong... I don't wanna be right! :) WHAT!?

sd

Comments

Archive

Show more

Popular posts from this blog