Well......hmmmm..... oh! I know - I murdered 2 bees today with my bare hands. Those evil stinging creatures that strike fear in the hearts of my family succumbed under the pressure of my palm. Smack! Your dead! Then guilt.... Thou shalt not kill Steve!

Today I worked on some ideas on how to get the word out regarding this new church we are living. We are looking at everything from newspapers, television, door to door, posters, cards, movie screen slides etc... I am always torn on the whole advertising thing. I want people to know we are here, but I would rather have them find out through experiencing life alongside a "watermarker." I feel uncomfortable promoting stuff - it feels kind of fake, but I guess it is needed to inform people. It can be done in a way that is fun and informative... I just need to get over the whole over thinking thing. It seems like there is a whole sub-culture out there that slams anything remotely resembling church growth strategies and ideas to help people connect with the church. I have to admit - I am probably in that sub-culture - but not everyone in our community aligns with that sort of thinking. Different methods are needed to reach different types of people. All people are valuable and deserve to hear the good news about Jesus in a way that they can understand and experience.

Sorry about that mind meld there.... got off the subject - I'll hop on the whole "post modern" thing sometime in the future. I am smack dab in the middle of it - I breath it and live much of it - however I hate what it is becoming with all its celebrities, blogs, rantings, sites, conferences, etc... I read em, go to em, love em, but hate that I am sucked in. Huh... I'll save it for another day.

Back to real life - we had an awesome night tonight as a family going down town and having a meal together. We then ran into Brett and Kristin (Brett is from New Zeeland and interning at Spring Lake Weso and Watermark). We had ice cream and hung around. It was a nice time of sharing life together and learning each others stories. Brett and the other staff fellas have done an amazing job in laying out this next weeks gathering! It will be innovative, experiential and fun. Above all - God will be the center!

Well - I gotta go.
Shout outs:
Greg S. - Pinyatas are life
Wade - keep eggs out of your harmonica
Marci - the blog is with you
President Bush - keep it real - yo.
Bees - you can buzz but you can't hide.
Kevin - the beard is a terrible thing to taste. what?
Rev. Thompson - thanks for keeping up with Watermark! :) We are better because of your kids.

shalom,
sd

Comments

Archive

Show more

Popular posts from this blog