I had a great conversation with some pastors of another church in town. We discussed how to be active partcipants within the community. I was excited to hear another church talking about breaking apart the mentality of "come and see." I hope this leads to a partnership of learning and service between our churches.

I am trying to get my self back on a set schedule. I met with my awesome coach - Pete Yoshonis - and again realized that I often spend too much time in areas that do not require my attention at this stage in my life. I have got to prioritize and be focussed in my efforts.

Another thought. I have been realizing how I lack brilliant intelligence. This may be obvious to you, but we all have self bias. I believe that great leadership is born out of an accurate understanding of who we are and who we are not. The vital understanding is the answer to : "where are we going?" Simple - but often missed and easy to forget. If I can be like my dumb dog and stay focussed on something with prayer and action - things will happen and will be aligned. Anyways - I am seeing how simple leadership is, but at the same time - incredibly profound!

Well - gotta go and play softball. I choose to have a great attitude and be like Jesus (minus the homeruns and no errors).

Softball guy,
sd

Comments

Archive

Show more

Popular posts from this blog