There have been some real successful things we have done so far in launching the church.
1. We have been working hard at redefining the term "church" from a place to a people.

2. Vision chats have been informative times to worship, connect and chat about what Watermark is all about.

3. We have a prayer group starting led by an awesome volunteer! This is so HUGE!

4. My favorite thing so far is our small group leader training. Even though we don't have a ton of leaders at this - it has been an informative and connecting time. To me it feels like we started a small group to train small group leaders! Very cool!

But getting off the "church talk" I guess I'll just say how awesome my wife is. Her name is Vicki (not that anyone who reads this doesn't know us...). Vicki is such an outstanding partner in life and ministry. We had some people over yesterday and she did an incredible job with hospitality and making them feel comfortable. I see so many gifts she has. She is a great leader, she is creative, she has a huge heart and she is a babe. :) Anyways - I love her and this Watermark thing is re-inforcing how much.

Well - she never reads my blog so don't think I gain any points! :)

Time to finish my message for sunday... Should be good. I am continually being reminded that sunday is not about entertaining or impressing people, but gathering to give our all to God together! It has got to be about him, otherwise we are falling short.

Brad, at the vin-mark link - is putting together a cool flash thing for us - should be a great vision tool.

Enough random thoughts: see ya.
sd

Comments

Archive

Show more

Popular posts from this blog