I am a part of a church planters round table. I find the time challenging because you are constantly being focussed on what matters... So what does matter... hmmm 1) Connecting with God 2) Connecting with Family 3) Ministry to others

I don't want this space to be filled up with the traditional ho hum about how my greatest sin is not trusting Jesus - although that is lurking around the corner daily. Also, I don't want to run myself into the ground about my role as a husband and father - although I could use my booty kicked from time to time... I guess I say that because I don't feel like I've done a bang up job around the house. So again I was challenged to be a minister to my family today.

I'm not sure if you understood the above paragraph, but oh well.

A quick thought about the current state of church evangelism:
As I speak with people and ask them if they are telling people about Jesus and how - I often will hear them say they have shared their faith. When I ask them how - they often say, "I invited them to church."

Warning: the next comment is obvious and loaded with past church baggage!
* It seems to me that we have, as followers of Jesus, given the reponsibility of introducing people to Jesus to the organized church. This has come about at the prodding of the local church. For example: we often push people to invite their friends to special events, but rarely push them to share their journey with Jesus. It is just easier! The ministers can put together a neat package and teaching to say what needs to be said... The church will see more people come through the doors -which feels good as a pastor... I guess what I am saying is - I really want Watermark to become a church that is not a seeker church, but has seeker people. That we equip and supplement the believers to share their lives and therefore their faith. That the first concern is not getting more people into the services, but into our lives. To share an invitation to Jesus and not to a program to tell about Jesus.

Granted - whatever it takes for people to connect with Jesus is the KEY! This is just something I have observed and would like to be the culture of Watermark.

For what it's worth.

Thanks for reading this.
sd

Comments

Archive

Show more

Popular posts from this blog