I have been putting together a standard week and coming up with categories... One of the categories is: vision. This is one of those things that I often forget to take time for. I have found that if I have time every day to "hear vision" from God, "read vision" in His Word, "speak vision" with his people and just "chill vision" to contemplate and dream, then I am much more effective as a leader and vision caster.

In the message I heard on Thursday, John Ortberg talked about "self bias" and how we all think we are above average. I must have self bias, because I have always considered myself to be an "above average" vision caster... I would like to become someone who can inspire people with God's dreams - therefore I MUST take time to know those dreams and plan on how I will share those dreams.

This past year I spent some great time trying new ways to share vision.
I tried:
> Personal vision casting verbally
> Corporate vision casting verbally
> Image vision casting
> Media vision casting
> Vision casting exercises with people
> Writing vision casting
> 3rd party vision casting (having others join you)

Anyways - I am very excited about being involved in laying God's course out for Watermark, but I MUST take time to nurture and share it.

So that is what is on my mind, because I am trying to figure out how much disciplined time I need weekly for vision and communication of vision.

On a personal note - my grass is beginning to look more yellow. Do I cut it (it is getting longer) or wait until I water it?

Gotta go - I am going to my cousin's wedding today!

SD

PS: if you want to see the site of the guy working on our branding and web stuff for Watermark - go to: www.ailema.com

Comments

Archive

Show more

Popular posts from this blog