I heard John Ortberg from Willow Creek (www.willowcreek.org) speak today and took some fellas from Watermark with me. They were pimping (casting the vision) the Leadership Summit to us and he gave an awesome talk on leadership.

One thing he said that I found impacting is that the best moment of our lives is...NOW.
This moment is all we really have.
The past moments are in the past never to return.
The future moments may never arrive.
This moment is a sacred moment in which I am living with God and must squeeze every bit of life out of the moment!

NO DUH! (or as my aussie friends say: "deurrrr") Basic common sense...
But - incredibly profound the more you grapple with it.

For me - it means approaching my moments differently.
I must begin to see my time doing things I dislike as moments of worship with God.
I must begin to see every moment as an opportunity for God to break through.

I again realized that I am dancing on the stage of history and at this moment the curtain is up and the spot light is on and God is dancing with me. Now is the time to dance. Now is the time to live. This is a sacred moment.

I better go to bed before I think too much,
sd

By the way go to www.winningathome.com if you want to hear some talks and stuff I do with a dude named Dan.
(not that you care)

Comments

Archive

Show more

Popular posts from this blog