Here are the current transitions we have been in for the past few monthes:
1) We had a son on March 4th - Harrison David Deur
2) We changed our place of ministry from Spring Lake Wesleyan (www.slwc.org) to our new church Watermark
3) We moved our home from a condo in Ferrysburg, MI to a house in Grand Haven, MI

I have left the world of youth pastoring and entered the world of lead pastoring.
I have left the church office, equipment, people and building to enter the home office, neighborhood and town center.

This is where I currently am coming from. I have to tell you something - I love it! There is something pure and lovely about being in the community. I desire to be a person and have a church known for being a valuable community member.

In the past 2 weeks I have spoken to more people about Jesus and the power of His church than in the past six months. I believe it is for a few reasons:
1) Proximity - it is amazing what happens when you move out of your office and into the community! You have to be near people to connect with people.

2) Passion - when you get into the community and meet people you develop a passion for them and therefore look to connect with more people. Also I have been actively praying that God would give me compassion for people. God is answering that prayer.

3) (P) Hunger for God (sorry - I realized I had two p's and wanted to keep my pastoral structure going!) I am depending on God more and more and I sense my heart aligning with His more as a result - which makes me more sensitive to what He is doing around me.

I am sure there is more, but I have to go to the Hoffmaster State Park to go for a trail walk with my extended family.

We met a lot of our neighbors recently - Jo Anne, Sean, Michelle, Kevin and Ron. Please pray that we would develop solid relationships with them and that we would serve them and show the love of Jesus... Thanks!

Being the church,
Steve

Comments

Archive

Show more

Popular posts from this blog