I thought this picture would get us all in the Christmas spirit. Nate "the falcon" Smith as Sam X our Christmas planner.

Had a good meeting yesterday with a few gifted ladies that will be designing, refining and leading our global missions effort. I am excited because we are talking about building relationships. We have a partnership already built with New Zealand (Shore Grace) and Bosnia, and we want to focus on those efforts and look for a potential humanitarian opportunities. One idea was to adopt a town or orphanage or something (maybe in Bosnia) and meet practical needs there.

Why take the time to do stuff overseas when we need to be doing it in our own back yard? Why does it have to be either/or? I believe it is both/and. Not to mention Acts 1:8 and the Great Commission in Matthew 28 and the example of the apostles.

I think we all need to get out of our regular routine, life style, comfort and worldviews for a while to practically share the love of Jesus through service. I know that when I have done this I have been changed, lives have been touched and I began to see my own culture and neighborhood with new eyes. You become a missionary to your own community. It also is a stretching and faith building experience.

I do however believe we can lose sight of our own neighborhood and serving here. (But not because we are too focused overseas or in other cultures.) So, I guess the question is for me - have I taken more time serving in an overseas missions experience than I have in my own neighborhood?

Enough chit chat. I am excited about where God is leading.

Life Group last night was swell. I love my group.

My son needs to be changed - his pants are rank if you know what I mean.

Day off today and I am going to try to take it.

FAREWELL ROACH AND JUDY! God Bless.

ROACH IS OUT -
sd

Comments

Anonymous said…
Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. » » »

Archive

Show more

Popular posts from this blog