Christmas memories...

> Being put to bed in my pajamas with my cousins at my grandparent's house and my dad taking me to the car in the snow.

> My grandma Deur's fudge.

> Going to church with my grandpa and grandma Van Wieren.

> Tennis ball wars and broken light bulbs.

> Stockings with rolos.

> Laughter and love.

> Wrapping paper and hugs around the circle.

> Bingo with grandpa Van Wieren.

I have a lot of amazing memories and one of my favorites includes my dad and my little sister Lisa. Years ago we all were celebrating Christmas and had finished opening up our gits to each other when my dad told my sister Lisa to cover her eyes. He darted out of the room toward the garage. What could this gift be? It had to be big! Anticipation grew... My dad came in and told her to open her eyes. There was my dad - laughing and wheeling in her old bike. Being a dad rocks! I learned from the master and I fear that my children will one day expect something amazing from the garage, only to find their battered old bike wheeled in for my pleasure. :)

Santa's number is 555,
sd

Comments

Archive

Show more

Popular posts from this blog