Great day today! It was great because my whole side of the family gathered for an unbelievable dinner from my mom and a lot of gift giving for the kids. The kid's loved their gifts. Harrison suprisingly loved his new pajamas the most. (At least it wasn't a Barbie - huh Wade!) The older kids (everyone else over the age of five) opened their stockings. I received my yearly "Rolo" candy. (It is tradition and I may get into it some day.) I also received the Lord of the Rings: Return of the King DVD. It has like fifty extra minutes! Cool! (Doug M. would be proud - getting my money's worth! - love ya Fresh!) Anyways - one of the gifts was a baseball that helps you determine the speed. (see above pic).

Unfortunately I will be trying this out with two bad knees and a weak arm. When I was 18-25 I could wing the sucker fast and hard. But alas, I am a 33 year old wash up! :) Did you know I played baseball in Australia when I was 24 years old? It was fun. I pitched and played third base. I led the team in hitting and had a blast. Glory days. Now I'll clock this ball out at somewhere below 60! yikes.

I feel a big blog discussion coming up from me, but no promises... I have been just giving little updates lately and keeping it light, but stuff has been working in me. I may share stuff sometime or I may forget and you may have to put up with more discussion on 80's music. (Did I mention that I like Rick Astley? Never gonna give you up!!!!!)

Time with family for the next two days. Should be special. Tonight was awesome being all together.
Here is the rundown of my family:
Dave: My dad - he is 56, but yet is an emerging, postmodern, ancient future conversation waiting to deconstruct. :)
Gayle: My mom - she is 56, but she still can twirl and batton and she is practically an internet travel agent.
ME : I'm the oldest - I am married to Vicki and we have two kids: Autumn and Harrison.
Jody: She is next and is married to Brian (Bif). They live in Indiana and have two kids: Savannah and Hudson.
Lisa: She is the youngest and is married to Eric. They live in Arizona.
Pepper: our family dog who was put to sleep while I was on my way home from Australia and not told until we were driving home in the car from the airport. She was a good dog.

I am emo - hear me whine!
sd

Comments

Archive

Show more

Popular posts from this blog