Show me the money




My life group has been going through Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace University DVD. It has been really good and really challenging! For example: He actually tells you not to spend money that you don't have! The nerve of that guy! :)

Last night we learned about negotiating. I am a terrible negotiator! I'll walk in and say a lower price and then the salesperson will say no. So then I mumble, "Just kidding" under my breath and pay full price.

I just do not like trying to get a deal, but I love getting the deal! Any good negotiating techniques????
Here is one from Dave Ramsey: Show your cash! People know a deal is about to be done and they get emotional.

Any thoughts?

Deal or no deal,
sd

Comments

Anonymous said…
hey Steve I got a good negotating technique. I shop at old navy, and i check the price online before i go buy something. Sometimes the prices don't match what they are online so when i go up to check out i just say "sorry you just lost a customer" and they give me the sale price, it really works, you should try it!
-Elisabeth

Ps. I'll see you sunday, I'm coming back to watermark =)
Anonymous said…
ebay rocks to help with negotiating! Find your best "but it now" price on ebay for the item you are looking for and factor in the shipping/handling. Then print it out and bring it with you to your favorite local store and ask them to match or beat it. I've done that several times at Guitar Center for music/drum item purchases.

D-Fresh
Anonymous said…
I like to wear raggedy clothes, walk with a limp and have a real tear jerking story about how I just lost my job, house, and family and really need help.

That always makes people feel better about themselves when they give you an incredible deal on something. ;)

Another good technique is to slip and fall on the seller's property. This will cause them to be very aggreeable towards your wishes.

Pretending to choke and nearly die is a good one in a restraunt.

Mostly you just want to use your imagination to best figure out how to put your oppnent on edge. That's when they make mistakes in negotiating.
Deur said…
Big Dog - you should write a book!

Fresh - great ideas on using the web for comparison prices.

Elisabeth - good thoughts as well on using the web.

Thanks for the wisdom!

Any other thoughts?

Popular posts from this blog