Softball guy - part 3

Well almost three years ago Watermark put together a softball team and we did not win a lot. Here is a quote from me, dated September 16, 2003 regarding my time playing softball with our team: "I am utterly humbled. I struck out looking in softball. Wondering why I play." Now here is a quote from last year- June 14, 2005, "so...our softball team got beat 65 to 5 or something outrageous. My attitude went a bit south during the game - how can it not?"

AND NOW I AM SIGNED UP AGAIN TO BRING THE HURT TO THE SOFTBALL LEAGUE OF GRAND HAVEN! And the hurt is on me!

I am like a dog that keeps getting kicked and still loves its master and comes when it's called. This year we aren't doing the church league - we are hanging with the normal people. :) So it should be fun, but I may end up complaining about my lack of skills, but then again I have no excuses after reviewing my past exploits... I know what could be coming my way.

Here is a video from a past post (last year) for inspiration.

softball.mov

sd

Comments

Kevin Stinehart said…
That was actually my wife. She was using my video camera to tape that. I guess I am famous by association. By the way Steve, I've asked twice in comments on your blog about your podcast and still haven't gotten an answer. I was just wondering if the podcast mentioned in a previous post's comments was Watermark's podcast or your own. I am interested in checking it out if it's your radio show or something you do on your own. I already listen to the Watermark podcast. Maybe it's a secret identity thing that you're trying to keep under wraps and that's why you haven't answered me in hopes my question will just die? Or maybe you just forgot to answer. Either way, I was just wondering. I need a little more Steve Deur in my life and if you have a podcast I am there!
Anonymous said…
Steve,

Keep playing for those of us who can't. I blew a hamstring and achilles trying to go from second to home last year. I'm officially done, and working on the golf game this year.

Blessings,
Troy
Deur said…
Kory, keep swinging big man! You'll connect and go deep!

Kevin, we do have a podcast. Plug in iamwatermark in the directory. But, there is another Watermark church doing a bunch as well. I love you too.

Troy, I am playing slow so I don't blow anything out, but I'll play the next game in your honor! :)

By the way we had our first practice and it went okay. I want to be optimistic, but I have seen this picture before... and it usually has me quoting scripture to stay sane.
Derek said…
Steve...

I can empathize with your lack of softball skills. Last year I attempted to play for our church's softball team. I faired pretty well at the plate but I was absolutely horrific in the field. My eyes must be getting bad or something... that darn ball looked so small coming at me from the sky.

After pulling a hammy and then a quad in back to back games I decided it was time to retire & stick with poker.

Derek

Popular posts from this blog