Direct Connect blow out!

I was having lunch with a friend today and all of a sudden someone's Nextel Direct Connect went off.
The whole place looked over at the man as a loud unintelligible voice filled the place.
I started to laugh a bit, because it was insanely loud and annoying, and yet, the guy had this blaring phone held up two inches from his ear! The dude must have had his ears ringing!

The great part was when a waitress came over to him and loudly asked him to turn down his phone because he was annoying the customers...and yet her voice was loud and piercing.

I chuckled. I am not a fan of cell phones.

Just a little moment of techno-insanity!
sd

Comments

BJ said…
Maybe its just rude Kiwis that do this? But it seems that while its right and proper not to take a cell phone call during a meeting, it IS OK to take a text and even respond to it!

You can always tell when the person has checked out - I've even had this happen in one-on-one meetings...not a word is said, the text is answered and then we move on like it was an extended sneeze or something...

Weird
C-Man said…
Ok....NOTHING grinds me more than this topic.
tonymyles said…
That totally reminds me of the time when...

oh, hang on... brb... gotta take this call...
Anonymous said…
This is very interesting site... » » »

Popular posts from this blog