Today is the fourth Wednesday of the month which means it was my Day Alone With God.
I started today in Holland and later ended up at Rosy Mound Trails. I went to a few different spots and journaled, prayed and mostly read. I am reading a book entitled, "The Unnecessary Pastor." I have really enjoyed it and I have received a lot of encouragement and challenge from it.

There was a moment in which I caught the scent of pine trees and moss in the summer heat. (at least I think that is what I smelled...) It totally brought me back to when I was in grade school and spent every day all day in the vast woods behind my house. It is amazing how powerful a scent is...I was seven again.

I even climbed a tree. (I got off the designated path... I guess that is called sin.) :)

Anyways - it was a soul enriching and meaningful time. Here are some photos of the park...





What is everyone doing for Memorial Day?
sd

Comments

Archive

Show more

Popular posts from this blog