This week Sunday my mom is speaking at the gathering. She and my dad both work at Central Wesleyan Church in Holland and df marriage and family talks to other churches. My mom and dad had interesting journeys into full time ministry. My dad got into it after being a successful salesman. I am proud of them both for their faith, their marriage and their willingness to step out into the unknown following God. Anyways - I am glad she will be sharing with us. The band is going to play an intro. song. It will be a remake of "Stacy's mom." They changed some of the words, but it will go, "Stevie's mom has got it going on..." Funny.

LOST is a great show. I love how they do the backstory! It made me realize again that I give more grace and understanding to people when I know their story. I just re-read some of "The Five Dysfunctions of a Team" and there was a quote that said something like this, "When someone else fails we assume it is because of their character (who they are inside) and not because of their circumstances (what they have dealt with or are dealing with). BUT when we screw up we claim it is our circumstances or situation and not our character. In other words we don't always offer the grace that we give ourselves.

"Love your neighbor AS you love yourself." - Jesus

Softball was a riot, but a slaughter. I laughed a lot with our team (not at our team.) In otherwords - I just had a great time hanging with the guys. I pitched and struggled to find the plate. It took it to a full count almost every batter. Yikes.

Anyways - I realize I haven't been as faithful with this lately. I am resting my soul a bit. :)

Feel free to stop by the HUB sometime: 1114 Washington Ave, Grand Haven, MI 49417.

Favorite 80's hottie? (the girl of my dreams in the 80's...) what do you think?
sd

Comments

Archive

Show more

Popular posts from this blog