Right now I am outdoors, under the stars, next to the fire and I am saying hello to you. My wireless connection reaches me out here in my backyard. Tonight was the first campfire in the Deur weed field we call a backyard. Tonight the first smore was sacrificed for the atonement of all summer hot dogs. They faced the scorching fire.

This Sunday we have some friends joining us for one of the gatherings. These friends are not usually doing the church thing - so it has made me again think about what they will experience and I wonder how they will feel.

I guess that I would want them:
1. To deepen our friendship.
2. To experience God in some way. Sense God's love for them.
3. Feel loved and accepted by Watermarkers.
4. Have fun.

People sometimes may think that inviting someone along to a gathering is a tactical move to get them to sign on to the church. But, for me, more and more it is about just inviting someone into my life. It is deepening a friendship. I would compare it to camping together for the first time (for those passionate for camping.) Hunting together for the first time (for hunters.) Watching the Lord of the Rings Trilogy in order (for druids like Dave Drury.) WHATEVER - the point is - God is central in my life and being the church is who I am... so... I want to share my life. Anyways - what is the experience that I would have to share with you to .... wait a minute.... this could go bad quick. ;)

Have a great weekend,
sd

Comments

Archive

Show more

Popular posts from this blog