We have been able to use some office space for free the last five months or so, but that space will be unavailable at the beginning of March. So, we are in the search for a ministry center (or centre) that we can use as a hub or drop zone or whatever you want to call it. We are looking today at a potential space that popped up.

Let me give a bit of a church planting lesson or thought that I have been learning, but not figuring out...
The first year - everyone is happy to help and there are not a lot of areas that need deeper leadership. However, there is a ton of get your hands dirty type stuff to do. This is a season in which the 'starter' or leader tyes enjoy because it is action oriented and something new is being launched.

The second year - the year of execution and going deeper in leadership. At this time people desire to play a more active role in leadership. They still set up chairs, but they want to see other ways to serve that better fit their skills and style. This is where we are at. We have amazing leaders and people a part of the community of Watermark, but I am seeking to strategically see people step into greater roles of leadership. The leadership web needs to increase.

Just something I am trying to figure out.

Tonight we hang with some friends which is awesome. We will be doing, "Mexican Night" and having home made salsa and guacamole and all that stuff I am not supposed to eat on this diet gig. But I throw caution to the wind and then I break wind.

I taped the State of the Union address because I was gone at a meeting, but if it dealt with Social Security I am all over that. Letting younger workers put some of their own money into an account with our name on it would be awesome, but I don't see it happening for years. I am glad that we are talking about it, because when you Baby Boomers start collecting your checks it will be rugged on the system and I fear that we may experience social insecuirty for my generation. That was boring to write about. It was probably more boring to read.

Brett - I haven't had time to get on the site to read your article, but I'll get on it and comment on it. How's the baby thing coming?

Ice Ice Baby,
sd

Comments

Popular posts from this blog