"A good person produces good deeds from a good heart, and an evil person produces evil deeds from an evil heart. Whatever is in your heart determines what you say." - Jesus Christ in Luke 6:44

I watched a leadership teaching from Andy Stanley yesterday and he stated that we lead from our hearts. What is in our hearts will determine how we lead, because it determines how we live. He gave some different examples... like having anger, jealousy, greed, guilt etc... in our hearts and how that impacts our lives and the lives around us.

I totally agree with the statement Jesus made and Andy taught about, but I am slow to grow my leadership in the heart. Maybe it is because growing the heart is a long and difficult process. Maybe (most likely) because that growing the heart involves times of quiet and not activity. It grows from times of looking in rather than looking out. It develops from activity that looks like inactivity and the pressing emergencies of the day breathe down my neck.

I am more than positive that I have been in this place before and have blogged about it. So, time to allow God to again touch my heart and to start there. It is not glamorous or seemingly active, but to neglect it is to remove the God-given engine of leadership and life.

Now let me give you three tips on growing your heart... bah humbug. :) I do not jive with three easy tips... but the walk has to go deeper and the quiet time has to increase.

I think you get my drift...

Has anyone seen the sun around West Michigan or is it on strike?

I have to get back into my workout routine... the cruise put back some weight that I had lost and I lost all motivation for working out! Ahhhh! Today is the day I will get back on that horse and kick it in the sides and ride it into studville. (WHAT!)

"If lovin the Lord is wrong... I don't wanna be right!" - Coming to America
sd

Comments

Popular posts from this blog