Ever have a day where you seem unproductive? Where you get a migrane headache that slows you down? Where your motivation is low? Where your inspiration is empty?

I never do.

What? Just kidding - today was kind of like that, but nothing to get uptight about. In fact I don't dare act like I would have a struggle with something, because I would get three comments telling me to be more positive. :) KIDDING!!!!!!! I love you!

Anyways - watched Cold Mountain late tonight with Vicki. That movie is disturbing. The pain of the Civil War and the disregard for human life makes people look like animals.

But, if we don't recognize God as creator and as a personal being we encounter who offers absolute truth and therefore, values and a moral code to live for, and therefore something called sin.... then we should expect people to live like animals and not to act with mercy and justice. Nature is dog eat dog and only the strong survive. SOOOOO, how can someone who doesn't buy into God or sin or absolute truth demand people to act justly and with respect and mercy? YOU CAN'T!

However, if you have a moral code from something or someone bigger than yourself (a faith) then you are starting from a different place. With faith we can aspire to live at a higher level of kindness, goodness and justice. With faith we can call others to do the same.

This raises a question for me:
> Are people who are into social causes and social justice, but do not believe in a higher truth in it for themselves? Can they really be in it for more apart from a faith and higher truth?

Anyways - I am too tired to get into this and I am not thinking clearly enough.

Mother nature is not a nurturer,
sd





Comments

Archive

Show more

Popular posts from this blog