"Gentle Heidi"

The summer of 1976.
I was almost five years old and afraid of dogs. My parents wisely purchased a dog to help me face my fears. We added a yellow labrador retriever into our family. She was named, "Gentle Heidi." She lived up to her name. She was always patient, always loving, always gentle, and always there.

I've thought about her a bit this week as I've prepared for the Easter message tomorrow. I am discussing fear and things we fear. So, I reflected on my life and my fears and recalled my fear of dogs. Out of that fear came this wonderful dog into our lives.

Here is a pic of me and Heidi after we got her as a pup in the summer of 1976. I remember that summer.

See many of you tomorrow at the performing arts center in Grand Haven High School.
Watermark's Site for more info.
sd

Comments

Dave Deur said…
Ahh, the legacy of a dog named Heidi in a young boys life! Gotta love it!
Keep facing those fears head-on.
"....He delivered my from all my fears." Ps. 34:4

Popular posts from this blog