My interests...

I have complained before about my lack of hobbies. I have come to the conclusion that having three children under the age of seven, being involved in starting a church, and trying to have a healthy home life do not give a lot of time for extra activities. So, I feel better about not having a specific hobby at the moment, but the day will come when that little justification won't fly and I should have another life giving activity to experience (hopefully with Vicki).

In the meantime, I find that my interests are in food. On my birthday my parents and my wife bought me some chocolate treats... when thinking about celebrating my birthday, I struggled to think of an activity and instead thought about restaurants. Apparently food is something that I enjoy and therefore, maybe even a hobby.

Not cooking it and reading about it, but eating it.

I think it might be time to fast, :)
sd

Comments

Dave Deur said…
Hey....look at me, I'm sailing.

Hobbies and outside interests are good and healthy...for the mind and the body. However, they can shift as we go through different seasons of life and have more or less time to dedicate to them.

Pointing this out and showing your feelings may rub some people the wrong way. Just a thought.
Anonymous said…
I hear ya my brother!

About the only thing you can do is try to find something you can do with the kids and make that your hobby.

Other than that... Your right. Just wait patiently until one day you are looking for a hobby to help you forget how quiet and boring it is without the kids. :)

Popular posts from this blog