I couldn't sleep a wink

Last night was a tough night to be a Tigers fan. The errors, the poor swings, the wild pitching, and the deflated emotion all created a night filled with yelling at the television and probably caring too much about baseball.

I am not typically a very emotional person. I have talked about this before, but in 1987 I cried and was heartbroken at the Tigers losing to the Twins and their stupid "homer hankies" (which makes me dislike the whole towel waving thing now.)

Following the game - I again reminded myself that this has been an awesome year and not to get to worked up over a loss - but I do care (maybe too much) and getting to sleep was not an option.

I say all this to share my emotion - so that I can watch tonights game with a clear head and again remember that it is only a game! Not to mention that I am not even playing for the love!!!! :)

I won't give up on the Tigers, but last night was hard.

Someone help Pudge find his swing - someone help me find a life. :)
sd

Comments

Anonymous said…
Maybe it's your fault they are losing... Maybe you should not watch it and see what happens.

Maybe if you don't watch it they will win. ;-)
Dave Deur said…
My suggestion...grab a bat and a pail full of rocks and start wacking away. This may work like shooting foul shots for the Pistons.
Oh, by the way, just to let you know...it's my birthday Sunday. I'm registered at Best Buy (ipod).
Deur said…
Big Dog - thanks for feeding into my "god-complex" - I have spent years trying to break it and now this! :)

Dibs - I think hitting some stones would be good for frustration, but (also in response to Big Dog's) I doesn't depend on me... (keep telling yourself that steve and you may be sane someday!) :)

Shoot! I didn't know you were registered at Best Buy - I thought you were registered at the "As Seen on T.V." store... I already got your thighmaster!
Anonymous said…
A thighmaster? Hey how much are those?


ARKAY
Dan said…
Hang in there Steve, there is still hope. In '68 the Cards took a 3-1 lead and lost the next 3 to the Tigers. They beat Gibson in game 7 so Weaver, Carpenter and whoever are very beatable.

Popular posts from this blog