I can get on with my life now.

They lost. They didn't just lose... they looked lost.

But, thanks again to the Detroit Tigers for an outstanding season with more ups and downs than an inning with Todd Jones on the mound. (You know I love you though Todd.) It was fun and we will soak in the great accomplishment...

And then - somebody better get on the horn and get a couple of big bats for the love!!!!!!

I planted Tulips again today. It is my way of telling the oncoming winter that it will die as it runs into spring. It also brings me back to my first job at Veldeer Tulip Farm. I sorted Tulip bulbs and pulled out the damaged nasty ones for just over $3/hour. ("Tulip" is capitalized by Americans of Dutch descent.) I also had the opportunity to mow our lawn again (which had tons of leaves on it) instead of raking... Hopefully the mulched leaves will blow into our unsuspecting neighbor's lawn. Just kidding. Kinda. :)

Gotta jet. Tonight is daylight savings, but I call it depression savings, because it gets dark soooo early! But, on the "bright" side - we get an extra hour of sleep... oh wait - our kids don't sleep in so scratch that! :)

Tomorrow is Dibs (Dave Deur - my dad) birthday! He will be fifty eight and the guy keeps getting better and better. So I raise an imaginary beverage in my hand (a "lift" from Oz would do nicely) and say, "I love ya dad and happy freaking birthday ya raging stud!"

Go over to the Dave Deur experience blog and say "happy birthday" to the rub that shows
sd.

Comments

Dave Deur said…
Thanks for the kind words my son! Thanks, too, for carrying on the tradition of the Tulip. A tear is trickling down my beverage soaked cheek. It's showing so I'll have to rub it...

Popular posts from this blog