the most prayed for hands in the universe


When it comes time to pray for people to get well there is one meaningful prayer that seems to be always uttered...

"Guide the doctor's hands."

With so many prayers for the doctor's hands you have to believe that they are the nicest looking hands on the planet. Doctor's also must be excellent drivers and fooseball players. Interestingly enough however, they are notoriously poor at writing with those same guided hands.

Now don't get me wrong - I totally believe that God has given us science and physicians to bring healing. For this I thank God. For this reason I utilize medical means to get well and encourage everyone to do the same. I pop a pill and at the same time send up a prayer for healing from God.

I guess I may be a bit tired of praying for God to guide hands and want to start asking for God to just heal. What if I put as much trust in God as the great physician as my doctor? I pray that God would grow my faith in His faithfulness.

Roman hands,
sd

Comments

Deur said…
PS - Obviously God can heal from medicine, but how often do we pray bold prayers for healing through His presence.

Just stuff I'm thinking about. Step off Jimmy.
Dave Deur said…
By praying for "the doctor's hands" are we asking God to miraculously guide them in such a way for healing to take place.

Was someone perhaps praying for Jesus' hands when he created some mud from spit and dirt, and gave a blind man sight by placing the mud on his eyes? Why didn't Jesus just "command" the man to see? Why didn't Jesus command Peter's mother-in-law to "be well" instead of physically touching her with His hands? I think you're on to something Deurty. The hands have it, hands down. This will definitely give you a leg up.
Anonymous said…
Talk to the Hand? had to throw that in.
I definately believe in healing however it happens. Think some broken hearts need healing along with broken bodies.
Deur said…
I think Jesus spitting on the ground to make mud and putting it on the eyes of the blind man is a great example of using medicine and praying for supernatural healing... Although I could be way off. Also people were to dip themselves in the river for healing in some cases. In every case we see that God is behind the healings - no matter how they are done. However, my desire is to start with the assumption that Jesus is the expressed will of the Father and therefore, what Jesus did, we are called to do. This is a direct challenge on my worldview.
Dave Deur said…
Healings were prolific during Jesus' ministry...but yet we don't read about exponential healings in the early church...Were they just not be reported? Was there a transfer of healing power from physical to spiritual?
Deur said…
Go through the book of Acts sometime and circle all the stories and statements of miraculous healings, sightings and even the raising of the dead...
Anonymous said…
Very cool design! Useful information. Go on! Nude webcam video Anderson gratis pamela video
Anonymous said…
This is very interesting site... » » »
Anonymous said…
What a great site » » »

Popular posts from this blog