Wow - I had a day off today and actually took it! :) Anyways - I went golfing with a bunch of friends and did not do too shabby. I am not an epic golfer. We played best ball in pairs and actually used some of my shots. Before I sign up for the PGA tour I need to be reminded that I still haven't shot better than a 50 for nine holes! Some how along the way I self destruct. Maybe it is the fact I play the other fair ways... Maybe it is the fact I've played twice a year leading up to this year... Maybe it is the fact that I am not good. Oh well - the cool thing about golf is... (wait! an obvious statement is about to be shared!) in golf you always feel like your best shots are the norm and the continual stream of bad shots are the anomaly. When I have a good shot I think, "it is about time I start playing normal," instead of saying, "that was lucky."

I wonder if in life we do the same thing... Just kidding - I am not going to spiritualize this little lesson into 3 points. :) I'll save that for another day. Just good old fashioned fun with some fellas.

Sunday we hang out with Spring Lake Wesleyan (www.slwc.org) and have a commissioning service there. Spring Lake Weso has been a fantastic mothering church! Why?
Because:
1) They value the Kingdom of God more than self.
2) They have a "giving and sending" atmoshere and a vision to develop people and churches.
3) They have been encouraging and loving to me and the team.
4) They have given resources, people and prayer unselfishly.
5) They want to have a relationship.

Anyways - I love the team and church at Spring Lake Wesleyan and praise God for our relationship with them. I just pray they will be blessed big time through their sacrifice.

Switching gears... I spent the lunch hour with a buddy named Josh. We chat about life and God and stuff and had a great time. I was again reminded by him that following Jesus and doing life with God is ahead of the world's creative curve. He talks a bit about the church and followers of Jesus being ahead of the world and culture in terms of what is real and valuable and relevant. When you think this way - you begin to see following Jesus as something you openly embrace and live out rather that apologizing for. Anyways - it was a good time and again getting back to the basics.

We were in Taco Bell and a woman heard us talking about helping others encounter Jesus. She came up to us and asked if we wanted to "win souls" and we said yes - we wanted people to follow Christ. Anyways - she explained that we could work at the local Christian station and see great results from that! OH BOY! It was cool to chat with her and hear her passion for helping others, but if you ever see me on religious TV - please smack me. Pretty funny.

Enough,
sd

Comments

Popular posts from this blog