My daughter turned 4 today! The statement that "time flies" is overstated, but never fully understood until you have a moment of clarity and reflection.
Today was such a day... My little princess who identifies herself with Disney Princesses is growing older. She dreams of princes. She is still at an age where she wants me to be the prince. Some day she will call me the court jester and ask me to give her more space. Now she calls out for one more Bible story, one more hug, one more kiss, one more moment together.... I just want to get back to my book, computer, television show, conversation, etc... BUT BUT BUT!!!!!! There will never be this moment again! The times of her asking for me - wanting me - hoping to be with me are numbered as she grows older. Independence shows up and slaps a parent in the face. Anyways - I say this all to make me think about how I am spending my time with my family... I say this to shake my self to wake myself - to be in the moment and catch the awe and very spiritual moments I share with my growing daughter.

She may want to be called "arial" but she will always be my little "goo."

Our celebration of her started last night with pony rides and fun at Teusinks Pony Farm (http://www.teusinksponyfarm.com). My dad grew up going there, I grew up going there and now my little lady got to go. Today we went down on the farm (Bob Evans) for breakfast and then hung out with my folks in the evening. Great day. Thanks God for the gifts of eachother.

Chatting at a Wesleyan church tomorrow about Watermark. Catching a Detroit Tiger game on Labor Day! SCARY! I just want to say that I am calling for the selling of the Tigers by Mike Illich to an owner who would like to do something to win. Thanks Mike for running the team into the ground while building the Red Wings. I better quit now - I am getting frustrated. God bless Mike I. (pray for those who persecute you) :)

bless you boys,
sd

Comments

Popular posts from this blog