The last two days I have been at the Willow Creek Leadership Summit - Grand Rapids site. There are 10 other Watermarkers. It has been a fantastic growing and retooling time. I have been challenged in a lot of areas, but one the most. That area is our focus. Watermark is just getting off the starting blocks and already it can be easy to slide into a comfortable trot, follow every opportunity that jumps in our path and compromise what we are all about. I sense a renewed sense of motivation and urgency in what we are about in our community and how we MUST see God's vision for Watermark fulfilled or this area and the world will not be changed.

Anyways - we finish up tomorrow. I am looking forward to putting this stuff in motion in advancing our mission and vision.

By the way, our mission is as follows (forgive me if I've repeated this):

Watermark:
Being the Church.
Making Disciples.

I am pumped to be going public with this! The vision statement is in draft stage and will hopefully be completed very soon, but it answers the problems in our community:
1) 60% of the people don't go to church. (There are lost people all around us!)
2) The community does not have a Biblical understanding of what it means to follow
Jesus.

- out

sd

Comments

Popular posts from this blog