Taking credit goes both ways.



Have you ever noticed that when someone tells a parent that their baby is adorable the parent says, "thank you." Maybe they are speaking for the baby who is unable to say, "thank you." But it seems as if the parents are taking credit for the baby being cute. I am sure that good looking people have a better chance of producing a child that is so cute that you could just "eat his little face." But what about babies that are not nice to look at? Should we have parent's apologize for their baby's looks? If we take credit for the cute we should probably take credit for the not cute. (code for ugly)

So, I want to say thanks for my kids and I want to apologize on behalf of my parents for me. :)

Out on the streets - out where we meet...
sd

Comments

Anonymous said…
LOL...

True words, indeed.

Is that your baby picture?

:D
Deur said…
It is Wade's picture, but he turned out to be the biggest stud on the west coast.
Mike Willis said…
Isn't that like the 20'th time you have used that photo in your blog?
Deur said…
Actual Mike I believe it is the first time I have ever used that photo - however if you can search my blog and prove me wrong I would be happy to agree. It is an overused photo on the web and I have seen it every where including a billboard on my way back from Florida.

I considered posting a picture of an actual ugly baby, but couldn't bring myself to do it. (all people are cherished by God even if all people aren't blessed with Mike Willis good looks.) :)
Deur said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Arkay said…
It's true...that IS my baby picture and up until I was 12, my mother and father hid me in the basement. Ever heard of that whole Ugly Duckling story? Yeah I ended up in San Diego with an incredibly hot wife and three of the cutest kids west of G.H. Just goes to show you...it ain't about the look, it's about the MOJO!!!
Sara Maria said…
This is related: Sometimes for kicks I go up to dogs that are friendly and say "oooh you are so cute! Whats your name?" 10 out of 10 times the proud owner will say "his name is ..." I then look at the owner, smile, and say without flinching in total seriousness, "Thanks but I was asking the dog." Then I walk away leaving the owner in a dumbfounded state of shock and confusion. Try it!!! It works with babies too.
Anonymous said…
That is great! I don't know if it would make the owner look stupid or me look like some crazy Dr. Doolittle.
Dave Deur said…
No need to apologize...you are living proof that good looking parents have good looking kids. Show.
Anonymous said…
a dub dub
David Drury said…
I think it is so ironic that Mike Willis glibly persecuted you for using an overused ugly baby photo... particularly since I found the following photo when googling "Mike Willis Baby Photo"

http://dailydiatribe.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2007/01/ugly-baby-a3c.jpg

ironic indeed.

Double D means "Defending Deurty"

Popular posts from this blog