Jailbird

Well,
It's over. I am out. We raised, $460.00 thanks to some really generous people. Thanks again to those who contributed. Thanks also for sticking with me as I took time to talk about this. I hung out with Maryanne Gregory (from Watermark and also in jail) at Snug Harbor and got to eat some donated grub from Arbys while I made some phone calls. (Including you Wade Breeden!)

Why did I do this?
First of all, I was asked. Oh the power of "the ask." I forget about the power of being asked. It forces you to make a decision.

Secondly, I wanted to participate in a community oriented event. As a pastor it can be easy to get focused on only the local church and this was another way to help the wider community and assist in a cause that wasn't my normal environment. (I believe the local church has to be my focused environment, but sometimes it is easy to become limited in my focus.)

Third, it was a stretch that I wanted to do. My word for the year was, "courage." This pushed me out of my comfort zone to serve in a different capacity.

Finally, I got to have a swell picture- which I'll throw up here soon. :)

Ah, freedom!
sd

Tonight is the first softball game of the year. Prepare to be mercied.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog