Big Deurty in the City

211.3 New York City - Broadway - USA

I am getting out of Dodge and heading to NYC for five nights with Dibs (aka: Deurty Old Man, aka: Dibs Maturing, aka: my dad.) I am looking forward to this trip and it is coming at a really good time.

I hope and pray that it will be refreshing and a good infusion of creativity and vision. Going to a big city always seems to stir my heart. I'll be reading, journaling, visiting sites, planning some leadership things, and having fun. We are going to a Yankee game and I'll be quietly rooting against them. (Sorry Nate Sean) We will be visiting a couple churches while we are there. The ones I am sure about are linked below:

Redeemer Pres.
Brooklyn Tab.

We'll do the prayer meeting on Tuesday night at the Brooklyn Tab.

Anyways I'd appreciate your prayers for my family as I am away and for my own soul's renewal. Also that my dad will be okay with me walking into him. :)

Thompson is 36 today,
sd

PS: One of my all time favorite posts by my dad is from July 2003 and it was a rant about lawn ornaments. (This fits nicely with the season we are in.) Enjoy!

"...Steve and I went to Menards to pickup a part for his monster lawn mower and while we were there, I noticed a few of those "lawn ornaments". Maybe you've seen them. Maybe some of you even have one in your front yard. What's up with those things?! They look like a shiny glass bowling ball on a pedestal. The sign advertising these for sale - as if they expect people to actually buy this trash - said that these lawn decorations are for "gazing". Give me one good reason to gaze at a glass ball that's sitting in your yard on top of a pedestal. I don't get it. I believe these glass balls are equipped with hidden antennas that allow extraterrestials to eavesdrop on us. Don't fall for this ploy. If you need to put one of these gazing balls in your yard, at least protect all of us by enclosing it in a lead sleeve. Thanks!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Your dad is either paranoid or he's an incredible smart man.
Deur said…
He makes Tom Cruise look glib. :)

I tend to agree. I never understood the whole gazing ball thing.

Popular posts from this blog