Peace be with you...

I think an important aspect of leading is being a peaceful presence. I think back on difficult circumstances... me getting cut from a sports team and my dad caring and being a presence of peace in my time of frustration and humiliation. I remember sitting around my grandmother's bed and watching her die and in that moment the hospice helper being presence of peace and walking us through sorrow. I recall moments in ministry when it felt like things were falling apart and chaos was spreading and someone needed enter into the moment and be the presence of peace.

Could it be that sometimes we just need to see someone not get swept away in the circumstances that surround us?

I think that being a presence of peace comes from perspective... having a view that there is more to what is going on... that there is hope... that someone bigger, more powerful, more wise, and loving is there and involved...that this moment isn't all there is.

Peace out,
sd

Comments

Michael Henry said…
I'm fairly certain I agree with you 100% good shepard :)

Uno momento por favor! ;D
BJ said…
Sweet as post...

This is why you need to come to NZ and counsel me about my bad attitude...

Popular posts from this blog