Laundry Hub

We recently finished the "Laundry Hub" at our office (called the Hub.)

The garage was outfitted into a laundry room with about five washers and five dryers. Ben Hall and some great volunteers put it together and did an awesome job turning that dirty old garage into a pleasent washing environment.

The idea is that people who are struggling to make ends meet can do their laundry for free. We work through LOVE INC. I am very excited about this Laundry Hub because it provides a practical way to help people in the community. It also gives us an opportunity to care for people and just be a friend.

I just walked in there today and found a European Style Coffee Vending unit that makes all those crazy hot drinks... Anyways - a great team is being put together to run the Laundry Hub and I thank all those who served to make it happen and continue to help it get going! :)

Wash behind your ears,
sd

Comments

Anonymous said…
Cool! What a great idea.

Now when I spend all my money on pizza and beer, I can still get my unmentionables cleaned. (I hate wearing dirty unmentionables.)

;)

JK... It really is a cool idea, especially for families with lots of kids. Heck we only have three and it seems like my wife never stops doing laundry.
Anonymous said…
Very cool idea! I concur! Somehow, no matter how much laundry Carma seems to do I always get the shaft. I'll have to start dropping by and doing my own laundry. Just Kidding! Really cool project!
Anonymous said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Popular posts from this blog