Pastor Blaster

Steve T. and I hung out with area pastors at a prayer retreat at Maranatha yesterday. I really appreciate getting together with fellow pastors from different church backgrounds and denominations. I think what makes it a meaningful time is the fact that we all are local - we share a common community. The other value that I appreciate is the emphasis on unity and the desire to work together. Unfortunately, there was a small turnout compared to how many pastors there are in the community, but that will build over time.

I enjoyed seeing humility and authenticity from other pastors. We spent some time praying for our community and for each other (especially for those feeling burned and beat up). Anyways - good stuff that I pray will continue to grow in our community.

In other news... my wife finally bought a vacuum after saving up for a year. (we are on a bit of a budget) :) Our vacuum died a year ago and we have been borrowing my folks regularly until now... It is baby blue and I helped assemble it this morning for her. She had a smile on her face while she sucked up dirt from the floor... It is the little things in life that bring so much joy.

Have a great day and go TIGERS!!!!!!
sd

Comments

Popular posts from this blog