The first time I flipped the bird.

I remember like it was yesterday the first time I flipped (or is it flicked) the middle finger (the bird) to someone. I was in grade school, and was walking back to my house with my sister Jody after getting dropped off from the bus. (By the way - this is back in the day when they dropped you off a half mile, at least, from your home - none of this "door to door" stuff!) So as we walked home on that sunny day some boys from my neighborhood who were naughty (also the first to show me a movie with naked people and their dad's mags) yelled some words at us and I did the statue of liberty with one middle finger raised up and I yelled something... I am not sure what I yelled and I know I didn't fully understand what the "tall man" meant, but my sister knew that we were not supposed to do it... so she did what every good younger sister would do... run home and tell mom. Thanks for caring about my holiness Jody. :)

Innocence lost. :)
sd

Comments

Dave Deur said…
The good ole Zink boys...gotta be frustrated about their desperate desire to rob my boy of his innocence. What's up with that???
Nippers!
Ken said…
Deurty, I was taught by a girl in third grade. Tammy Danger was her name. I guess the name fit the crime...

D-P-L
Deur said…
WHAT A GREAT NAME!
Would you let your kids hang out with a girl named that? It wasn't your fault - it was your parents lack of judgement... that name is priceless! She married a German named: Tommy Auchtung! :)
David Drury said…
Beautiful.

Did Daddy Dibs spank you for that one... or did he just heap some more Dutch Guilt on you.

:-)

hee hee hee = I'm bad
Anonymous said…
What a coincidence.. I Googled myself and found this... LOL and yes, it was/is the coolest name to have... I still strive to live up to it every day.

Tammy Danger

Popular posts from this blog