Speaking at a young adult retreat in Allegan for Kentwood Community Church. Looking forward to it, but can't believe I'm doing it before our big launch kick off Sunday. Not the smartest move, but it should be a recharge in its own way.

Please take a second to pray that God would speak through me and energize me and give me clarity of thought and that the message would find a home within people. Speaking about Sharing our lives and our faith.

If you aren't the praying type then just say - good luck sucker! :)

Gotta jet. Autumn is doing great in school and I am looking forward to the fall season of ministry, but not the weather. I usually love the fall season (hence naming my daughter after it) but this year I need to have summer around longer!!!!!

Rock star INXS update and opinion:
TY - Glad they wiped that stupid grin off his face and made him cry (he always looks like he is going to.) The speach at the end had me mystified. (get it? INXS song?)

JORDIS - an early favorite who imploded. Kept being called, "baby girl and baby and honey" by Navaro - she started to live like it. Sorry and see you in solo career land.

MIG - take steriods or get angry. You are too nice and talented. A perfect fit - even and aussie - but toughen up - get on the clear. Barry Bonds has some left over.

MARTY - my favorite in the competition. Keep talking about taking INXS to the future, but don't forget their amazing past and stop trying to be Trent Reznor - you can't pull it off Mr. Scratchy voice. Be you and do it.

JD - I hope he loses. By far the best to fit INXS in vocal style of the past. I almost think he gets on Ouiji boards to chat with Michael Hutchence to figure out how to be like him... maybe he is channeling Paula Yates too? (aussies and british might pick that up.) If he wins I will never listen to another new INXS song. Staying in the past.

SUZIE - Poser. Amazing voice - with a try hard persona. Poser. Poser. Poser. Wrong thing for her - she is not fooling anybody with her style. I keep waiting for her to jump in a mini van and run her kid to ASSO soccer tourneys.

BRETT JONES- the flying kiwi has my vote. He is from the southern hemisphere and can bring a little split enz and crowded house background to the band. maybe even some helicopter hair.... :)

Sorry to waste so much time on pointless cultural garbage - but hey - there it is! :)

Joey Harrington should go by "Joe" and dump the piano.
sd

Comments

Popular posts from this blog