On Monday I turn 34. I am well and truly about to enter into my MID thirties. When my parents were this age I was 11 and in fifth grade. Wierd.

On another note we (Vicki) is pregnant. If you think of it - please pray for a healthy complete pregnancy. We have had two miscarriages since we've started this journey of having kids and we are always cautiously optimistic. So - any ideas for names? We have a girl's name picked out, but we are looking for a boy name. I have my ideas, but they are not well liked by the wider social order of my life. So - what do you think?

I debated on whether to tell you blog readers this information, because things might not go the distance, but I guess I'd rather have you know and pray. Thanks - that would be such a gift to our family.

Speaking again this week about prayer and giving some basic ways and ideas on how to pray. Equipping stuff...

Had a great time with other pastors yesterday at a prayer retreat. Prayed together, sang, talked... we desire to be unified together and to support each other. It was great to see the church bigger than just our own local contexts and issues.

Another common theme was that everyone in their churches has felt discouraged in the past year and usually because of no more than ten people who are negative and stirring the pot against the pastor. Do we really give power to the negative minority over our lives? Sure thing... What wheel gets the oil? But, we need to lead from our God given calling and not reacting to the chirps of others. (yes I know we should learn and not make people into villians - but we also shouldn't make them into experts.)

So - what is it that I am uniquely called to do?

Any boy name ideas?
sd

PS - how about BIG DOG Deur? :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog