"Prayer cannot truly be taught by principles and seminars and symposiums. It has to be born out of a whole environment of felt need. If I say, 'I ought to pray,' I will soon run out of motivation and quit; the flesh is too strong. I have to be driven to pray."

Jim Cymbala from "Fresh Wind, Fresh Fire."

As a church we need to have more than 'need.' We need desperation. We need dependence. We must be driven.

If I pray and ask for these things - will I receive them through experiences that scare and shake me from my middle class stupor?

God give me courage to even pray.

This past week's gathering was a lot of fun and was a great kick off for the elements of our life together, but I still find myself thinking about the prior week's gathering and the message of involvement in our local community. LOVE INC and other great local ministries shared and we took time to chat about Hurrican Katrina. I want to be involved with Jesus' work and plans around me.

Later sucka,
sd

:)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog