I am in Holland at my parent's home. I am in the home of the Deurty Old Man!

Family in town... Marios pizza at Tunnel Park... Kids swimming in diapers...

One day I will be old and I will put on an adult sized diaper and I will call that "freedom." hmmmmm...

Baptism celebration this Sunday. One gathering: 10 am. Dunking begins at 6pm at Northbeach in Ferrysburg. Baptism is the best moment in being a pastor. IT is like the Superbowl.. the payoff... the picture of the journey in motion... Why do I keep doing these dots.........?

Anyways - I thought I would check in. I am still giving thought, prayer and conversation about who a pastor is and what a pastor is called to do. The idea that I become a symbol of niceness for the surrounding culture - a chaplain to it - makes me want to throw up. Place head in toilet - hear the cries for needs to be met - open mouth and empty the stomach's contents.

MMMMMMMM I feel better.

I am reading the final book in Stephen King's Dark Tower Series. It is an unbelievable series and I would love to make it in to a mega series that rivals the Lord of the Rings. I love the books and think Steve King is a genius. When I am done I am jumping on a book that Dave Drury sent my way.

The summer's last gasp is in swing.

Rick Astley is more talented than people give him credit for.
sd

Comments

Popular posts from this blog