1 Corinthians 11:26 "For every time you eat this bread and drink this cup, you are announcing the Lord's death until he comes again."

This is a great line from the Apostle Paul about the Lord's Supper. In that moment the present (every time you eat...), the past (the Lord's death), and the future (until he comes again) is coming together.

Mystic Steve is about to talk: there are times when I am worshipping God - in song - in Communion - in prayer - in serving - in which (to use a Stephen King line) time gets thin. The great cloud of witnesses are beside me in the present... Those who have gone before us are present in the same activity of worship to God. The present seems more clear - more purposeful - more thin. And the future rushes back - the hope of new creation fills my vision. Past, present and future in one moment.

Tom Wright wrote about these types of themes in his book: "The meal Jesus gave us." I have borrowed ideas from his book for my message this week and have been really thinking through what happens in these moments.

Or it could be the steriods I am on to enlarge my stomach.
sd

Comments

Popular posts from this blog