I know I have complained in the past about this, but please do not call me a whiner. (Let me see who will be the first to jump down to comments to call me that or some other form...) Anyways here is the thing... I don't know what I like to do. I see people who have these cool hobbies... golfing, camping, hiking, sailing, bike riding, music, etc... I want to find something that I would be decent at - maybe even get good at - that I would be passionate about doing...

As a kid I always seemed to know what I liked to do with spare time and now I feel like a backward dunce who has forgotten how to have fun doing stuff. I chalk a lot of this up to my season of life with two young kids and a role at work that has a lot of responsibility and takes a lot of emotional energy.

I just don't want to be forty and wondering how to make friends and what do I do for fun beside talk about church.

Some potential hobbies:
I like campfires and last summer did them in my back yard. Is that a hobby?
I like art, but don't have the patience to draw - maybe I should take more time and get back to my artistic roots.
I like hiking...
I love movies - but expensive... and does that count? I think I should have to be outside for the love.
Maybe I should make a movie! I've said that before. Maybe this is the year I just do it.
I like to type stuff and hang out here and at my friend's sites...

Things that make you go hmmmmm.
The whiner is done. At least I'm not a weener. :)
sd

Comments

Popular posts from this blog