The week our family's year revolves around.

As a follower of Jesus my life should probably revolve around Holy Week.

But,

Our family's year revolves around a week up north at a lake so small it has a couple of names: "Lake View" or "Shield Lake" or for our family: "Lake Pew."

I began going to this lake with my family when I was a very very young boy. My dad went to this lake when he was younger with his mom and dad. Now we go year after year and rent the same cottage I grew up going to.

As this week rapidly approaches we are all filled with excitement. The visit to the little local Wesleyan church, the hot dogs and smores, the time with extended family, my sisters and brother in laws, golf, walks around the lake, wooden swings, shuffle board, "shooting the tube," fishing, swimming, family biathlon (took last place last year), reading, playing with the kids,...you get the picture.

We go - we have a blast - one month later we begin to dream about the next year. We talk about that experience all year long.

So - the time is upon us to go to this little cottage with our extended family (Deur side) and I am ready to breath in the fresh air of life.

I fish with marshmallows,
sd

Comments

Anonymous said…
That's my kind of week!

Sounds like a blast. Hope you guys have a great time and great weather.

All those things you said are the same reason's we go camping.

:)
Dave Deur said…
Interestingly, I posted something minutes ago, about "the cottage," then jumped to your blog and read your post...seeya at the cottage!

Popular posts from this blog